Thursday, August 8, 2013

quilled wedding invitation

i had mentioned before, my sister-in-law is getting married in September
i wanted to do something special for her...

quilling started with my mothers, mother - sweet little grandma Madeline
my grandma did beautiful quilling and i wanted her to do my wedding invitation so badly, but by the time my wedding rolled around she was too gone with dementia and it was just not possible
my mom surpirsed me on my wedding day with my invitation lightly and tasteful quilled, she did it herself because she knew how badly i wanted my invitation done
she had never done quilling before and it turned out wonderful, i placed it next to my wedding cake at the reception, i got so many compliments on it
when my sister-in-law told us that she was getting married my mom decided that she wanted to quill around her invitation as a wedding present
my mother passed away in novermber 2012 after breast cancer came back in her bones and took her life in 6 short months

so, i sat down with my grandmothers quilling supplies and tried to figure it out...
i think doing this project emotionally was more for me then it was giving a gift to my sister-in-law


i think it turned out amazing, i am still shocked that i even made this!

side note: i took this to my grandma madeline's nursing home and showed her. 
when she saw it she said the first cohesive sentence i have heard her say in months

No comments:

Post a Comment